Changing a status of water usage

There are two types of changes

1. Changing the status of the meter

  • A temporary meter is changed to a permanent meter when a house or building is constructed. 
  • A permanent meter is changed to a temporary meter when the house or building is completely destroyed and needs to be rebuilt again.


The customers have to pay 100 baht fee and pay a deposit for a new size of the water meter. The previous deposit will be refunded.

2. Changing the type of water usage

The change is made in accordance with the usage: 

  • Residential
  • Business, Government and Industrial sectors.)


There is no fee but the MWA has the right to change the meter type as it sees fit. If the meter was wrong categorized, the customers have to pay back the fee.